Business Development Executive
Permanent Executive EE position
Cape Town Region, Western Cape
R800,000 - R1,100,000 pa cost to company
Posted 22 Feb 2018 by Rory Mackie & Associates
About the Position
Business Development Executive: Focusing on New Business
To develop and implement the New Business Development Distribution Strategy with the business development team. To represent and enhance confidence in the brand through building strong client and stakeholder relationships and networks which will result in increased AUM. This will entail mobilising teams across the business to meet client needs; influencing product development, identifying and converting client and market needs into business opportunities for the organisation.
Key Result Areas:
Formulate and implement a New Business Development Strategy:
- Developing a strategic plan for sales which aligns with business growth objectives.
- The development of effective solutions and consultative sales process to ensure clients' needs are accurately met.
- Market analysis and evaluation and identifying sales opportunities as a result of market changes.
- Competitor analysis and organisation positioning.
Actively execute an effective Sales Strategy:
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of a sustainable new business pipeline.
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships to leverage new opportunities.
- Identify new markets for future opportunities.
- Management of key Stakeholder relationships.
- Mobilise the relevant teams in the organisation to achieve Net Client Cash Flow (NCCF) targets.
- Fee negotiations with consultants and clients and ensuring commerciality of the business.
- Ensuring the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system is being used effectively and provides a competitive advantage.
- Relationship marketing, client engagement and brand building.
- Give direction regarding tactical event strategies, hosting events, and networking to grow new business.
- Promote the brand and image by networking with key industry stakeholders.
- Working closely with the marketing team to devise marketing materials and tools to support new business activities.
Technical & Professional knowledge and experience:
- BCom degree or equivalent
- CFA will be an advantage
- Extensive sales and distribution experience in a financial services (experience in an asset management environment is preferable)
- A good understanding of or experience in the environment of financial planning, investment consulting, employee benefits consulting and multi-management.
- A good understanding of and experience in unlisted and alternative assets such as private equity, corporate credit, direct property and renewable assets
- Experience in client relationship management, marketing, client services
- Experience in managing and leading staff (both leading a team and facilitating processes across teams)
- At least ten years' experience in the financial services industry, preferably asset management
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Tolerance for ambiguity
- Analytical thinking
- Deciding and initiating action
- Fostering collaboration and teamwork
- Gaining commitment (persuading, negotiating and mobilising others)
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Valuing diversity and difference
- Innovative thinking
- Client focus
- Communicating effectively:
- Gaining commitment (persuading and negotiating)
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrating ethics and integrity
- Displaying drive and purpose
- Stress tolerance
- Resilience and adaptability
- Working across teams
- Good planning and organising skills
- Financial Services
- Asset Management
- New Business Development
- Sales Strategy
- Relationship Management
- Fixed Income
Desired Work Experience
- 5 to 10 years Business Development
- 5 to 10 years Stock Broking / Asset Management
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
A leading global Asset Manager
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time