Senior Fund Accountant
Permanent Specialist position
Constantia, Western Cape
R350,000 - R425,000 pa cost to company
Posted 04 Dec 2017 by Rory Mackie & Associates
About the Position
The successful applicant will have a unique opportunity to gain exposure to a growing Asset Management business, with experience across divisions. The role will be focused on the Collective Investment Scheme (CIS) Fund Operations division of the business and will require an applicant that is willing to take accountability for the role and use initiative to improve and develop it.
- The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for general accounting, finance, and mathematics. An understanding of mutual funds and other investments is required.
- The role requires that the candidate supports internal and external stakeholders within the trading and fund accounting divisions, by ensuring that all trades are accounted for and settled correctly.
- The candidate will have oversight on the outsourced back office functions and ensure reconciliation of the trading positions, settlement accounts, call accounts and fund accounting.
- The candidate will oversee all fund control functions, including fund expenses.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- CIS business experience required
- Project management skills beneficial
- Day to day support and execution of investment managers activities.
- Implementation, monitoring and administration of day to day trades and cash flows.
- Implement new or changes to instruments, providers, products and manager details or related agreements.
- Review of cash and scrip reconciliations and liaising with external parties to ensure outstanding items are resolved timeously.
- Capturing/implementation of investment decisions and ensuring portfolio accurately reflects these transactions.
- Data Management using outsourced administrator's and service provider's systems.
- Reporting and accounting, through NAV oversight and fee oversight.
- Relationship Management with front office and external stakeholders.
- Operational Support, including oversight on all fund administration functions.
- Pro-active management of service levels with investment administrators and management company.
- Ensure that relevant processes are documented, adhered to by all involved and continuously improved.
- Monthly reports/accounting reconciliation between trustees and Manco for unit trust funds and resolution of reconciling items.
- Trade pre- and post-compliance.
- NX Manager or comparable system experience preferable.
- Computer literate in MS Office, with strong Excel skills.
- A very good understanding of investment management industry, specifically long only, including products, trading platforms, pricing and performance fees.
- Fluency in English, both orally and written.
- Able to multitask, to work independently and be able to address difficult or challenging issues, escalating for support where necessary.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and professionally with both internal and external stakeholders, including senior management.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, supporting the identification of issues and the suggestion of appropriate solutions.
- Highly organized, process driven with strong client relationship management skills.
- Strong numerical orientation.
- Financial Markets and Instruments
- Collective Investment Schemes
- Fund Accounting
- Pricing of Funds
- Trade Settlement
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
Growing Asset Management business
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time