Head of Human Capital
Permanent Executive position
Cape Town Region, Western Cape
R900,000 - R1,500,000 pm cost to company
Posted 21 Nov 2017 by Rory Mackie & Associates
About the Position
You will be a member of the Senior Executive team, reporting directly to the CEO.
- Develop and implement a People Strategy and operating plan for the company, with measurable objectives in line with company strategy.
- Thought leader on the overall talent management strategy including organisational design, EVP, recruitment, employment equity, induction, performance management, talent and leadership development, succession planning, rewards and benefits.
- Identify and implement organisational development and change management initiatives e.g. employee experience and a retention strategy, which supports and re-affirms the company's culture and ensure values are clearly articulated and demonstrated by all.
- Develop and execute initiatives to further improve the company's staff diversity.
- Partner with the CEO and Executive team through providing comprehensive specialist advice across all HR disciplines that drive high impact practices.
- Lead, coach and develop the People team to ensure effective business partnering and delivery in line with the operating plan and business needs.
- Chair the CSI Committee, Health and Safety Committee and be a representative on the EE Forum.
- Member of the Social, Ethics and Transformation Board Sub-Committee.
- Refine and manage HR "lite" policies and procedures that are simple, and create as little admin friction as possible.
- Build an HR IS system that can manage this effectively, and provide useful people analytics.
- Honours degree in Organisational Psychology, Human Resource Management, Business or a related field.
- Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology, Human Resource Management or an MBA.
- Affiliation to a professional body e.g. HPCSA
- 5 years' plus experience in an Executive level position with a proven track record of having influenced and driven key initiatives in line with business needs.
- History of supervising and managing professional staff effectively.
- Experience working in a flexible, empowering work environment that promotes excellence.
- Demonstrated experience of having operated in both an HR and OD capacity, having contributed significantly through innovative, non-traditional HR-OD practices and initiatives.
- External consulting experience in the people domain.
Skills, Abilities and Competence
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and ability to provide useful and strategic advice to the Senior Executive team.
- Innovative problem-solving.
- Intellectual curiosity and commitment to continuous learning, especially in the People domain.
- Exceptional intra/interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to deliver a professional HR-OD service.
- Confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with all people.
- Strong organizational, influencing and leadership skills.
- Talent Management
- Change Management
- HR Practices
- HR Strategy
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
A leading global Investment Management company
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time